Boy Scouts Ineligible Volunteer Files
Some of our clients have decided to speak out regarding the Boy Scouts bankruptcy and what it means to them. Our lawyers have also been featured in a number of news stories about the bankruptcy because of our long history of helping Boy Scout abuse survivors and our work in a large number of the Catholic bankruptcies.
Any of our clients featured in these stories chose to participate, including the use of their names. Please know that most states and courts allow survivors of childhood sexual abuse to protect their identity from public disclosure.
You can read or watch some of the stories by clicking on the links below. Clicking on a link will open-up a new browser window.
- “Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy amid sexual abuse lawsuits” (CBS)
- “Attorneys for victims of sexual abuse say they aren’t deterred by Boy Scouts bankruptcy” (NPR)
- “Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy. Hundreds of sexual abuse lawsuits are now on hold” (CNN)
- “Boy Scouts seek bankruptcy, urge victims to step forward” (AP)
- “Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy after sex abuse lawsuits” (Fox News)
- “Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy amid wave of potential lawsuits” (Washington Post)
- “Why the Boy Scouts Are Bankrupt and What It Means For Families” (Yahoo News)
- “Boy Scouts’ bankruptcy expected to end in record settlement of sex abuse claims” (Buffalo News)
- “Leader, lawyer react to Boy Scouts of America bankruptcy” (WWNY — New York)
- “Boy Scouts bankruptcy will cause ripple effect among abuse cases in Washington and across the nation, lawyers say” (Seattle Times)
- “Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy in wake of thousands of sex abuse lawsuits” (New Jersey)
- “Boy Scouts bankruptcy may put NJ sex abuse lawsuits on hold” (my central jersey)
- “San Diego lawyers address Boy Scouts bankruptcy” (CBS 8)
- “Boy Scouts Abuse Survivors Want More Than Just Compensation, Attorney Says” (NBC DFW)
- “Boy Scouts bankruptcy may put NJ sex abuse lawsuits on hold” (Burlington County Times)
If you or someone you love was sexually abused as a result of the Boy Scouts, please contact us to learn your legal options and to ensure your rights are protected. The bankruptcy means people will likely have a limited time to file a claim with the bankruptcy court, and the time period will likely be much shorter than the statute of limitations that is otherwise provided by state law. You can also click here to learn more about the bankruptcy likely means for abuse survivors, including our answers to frequently asked questions.